After last nights SWUX meetup I figured I’d share some more links on Google’s Material design that I’ve found since the last meetup I attended.
- An exploration in Material Design by Arthur Bodolec @ Feed.ly – good information about the Z order and a nicely polished example.
- We Are Living In A Material World And I Am A Material Girl – Trello – Great article that shows before and after material, and most interesting thing for me was how Trello got rid of the navigation drawer.
- Instagram with Material Design concept by Miroslaw Stanek – some great code samples.
Examples of Material apps – there are several of these kind of sights two of the best are:
- pttrns.com – has a new beta section showing material/lollipop Android apps. What’s great is you can filter by the type of screen you’re looking for.
- materialup – showcases material apps and websites but also material concepts and animations
- Material Palette, pick two of the material colours and this site will generate palette of 8 colours ready to drop in to your app/project
- Keyline Pushing – Android app – when running draws an keyline grid on top of apps, useful for designer/developers to validate an app is ahearence to material’s metrics and keyline spec